Monday, January 26, 2009
Breakdown
Just thought I would share my emotional break down I had this morning. For some reason last night I started getting really sad about having to work on Cash's birthday, which is tomorrow. Even though he will be at my grandmother's house swinging on his new swing set having a great time, I want to be with him. When I got to work this morning I said something to the secretary about taking the day off. She laughed at me because we are giving the kids a practice TAKS test tomorrow. My job is great when it comes to holidays and summer vacation but sometimes finding a sub is such a pain. I literally teared up and sat in my classroom and cried for about 10 minutes! I felt so stupid!! Anyway, the secretary knew I was upset and I ended up telling her why I wanted to take off and she completely understood. I told her today was one of those days that being a pregnant, working mother got to me. So I put in for a sub and luckily someone picked it up! I am still going to come in the morning to get the kids started on the test so the sub won't have to worry about it but I will get to spend the rest of the day with Cash. We are having a birthday dinner for him tomorrow night also so I will be able to decorate and everything without being in a rush. Hopefully I can make it to April 17th without another breakdown! I know now why my friend Trish took a year off while she was pregnant.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
I feel you! I don't know if it's the second pregnancy that makes the hormones even more crazy or what, but the breakdowns come a lot more often this time around! I am so emotional I can't even stand myself most of the time (poor royce:)!!!
You shouldn't have felt stupid. You can't help those hormones! I am hormonal all the time and I am not even pregnant yet! You deserve the day off to be with Cash!
I think it would have been sad to have to work all day on Cash's birthday, regardless of crazy hormones! Glad you got the day off from work!
Post a Comment