The ultrasound went well but not exactly as I hoped. He was lying on his back with his feet in his face curled up in a little ball. We couldn't see his face or anything. I was so depressed. We did get to hear his heartbeat, which was 130, and saw his heart and stomach. I think she measured a few bones and I am pretty sure she measured his head. I saw her make a circle on the screen so I'm assuming that's what it was. I had to roll back and forth on the table to see if he would move but he wouldn't. I hope he is not stuck in that position and I really hope he is not plannning on coming out in that position! I now think a C-section might be in my future. Before we left she did say she feels confident he weighs about 7lbs. I'm supposed to have a month left. If I wait four more weeks to deliver he will be HUGE! So, this is what I decided yesterday. I am going to work through next Thursday, have a four day weekend for Easter, and then deliver sometime that next week. I go back to my doctor on Monday so we will see what she says about it. I guess it is partly up to her :).
After we left the doctor's office we went to Target. I usually prefer to NOT shop with my husband but he did ok yesterday. I had a few things to return and some things I needed to get. We have been so blessed with the baby gifts we have received, so what I needed was small. I wanted to get one more package of gowns and ended up with long sleeve onesies, so I have to return those. I also got him socks, a few more bottles, and new sheets for the cradle and pack n' play. We also bought a few more diapers, size 1 because I do not think he will need the newborn size. At the time buying a 157 diapers seemed like a lot, but once you think about it that might last 3 weeks-MIGHT!
To make a long story short I am ready for him to get here. I think I am physically and mentally drained. I am getting no sleep and I feel huge. For those of you who know my medical history, I have spent a good part of my twenties either pregnant or recovering from a miscarriage. So, I think it is time to have this second child and then move on to a new chapter in our lives. We wanted to have kids early and we still accomplished our goal even with a few setbacks.
Thursday, April 2, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
That's so exciting! I will pray that he comes out of position and that you don't have to have a c-section. I bet you are so excited and ready!
You really know how to discourage a girl from wanting babies! J/K You need to recruit Eddie to blog for you when the baby is born. You are going to be so busy, but we will all be waiting to see pictures!
Post a Comment