Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Back at work

Once again I don't have any pictures to post, but I did finally get over my illness, after missing almost a week of work, and was able to enjoy the weekend. We spent most of the day Saturday running errands. Eddie got to use his Academy gift cards and I was able to drop them off and have a peaceful trip to the grocery store. It was weird to not have an agenda that day. Our weekends have been so packed lately that I felt like we had somewhere to be. I did laundry and Eddie and Cash worked outside. I think Cash had to change clothes 3 times that day because him and the dogs found every mud puddle in our yard. Later that night Eddie cooked steaks and shrimp for Valentine's Day. It was so good but I couldn't eat much of it. By that night I wasn't feeling very well...again. Sunday we managed to make it to the 8:15 service and then went to Lumberton to see Eddie's sister and her family. This was our first time to see their new house. They have a great house with a big back yard and a pool. It did not take long at all to get there so I'm sure the boys and I will go quite often to visit them this summer. I had the day off yesterday so we went to the bridal store and then took Cash to Build-A-Bear. We made a bear for him and one for Colt. Cash picked out a black bear for him that we named "Trout" (he has on a fishing outfit) and Colt's bear's name is "Shoop." For some reason if you ask Cash what his baby brother's name is he says, "Shoop," so we thought it was appropriate.


I didn't get a lot accomplished in the nursery but Becky did take this one picture off my hands so that is one less thing to work around. I think I solved my painting problem. I am 99% sure the color that is on the walls now is the same color as the living room. If that is the case I am going to just touch up a few places and be done with it. I went to Hobby Lobby yesterday and bought two frames and some mat board to frame these two posters I have for his room and my mom bought an iron star. I also got a sign for their bathroom that says, "Cowboys don't take baths, they dust off." This is pretty much Cash's philosphy anyway. I have 10 weeks and 2 days left until my due date so I'm starting to feel the pressure to get stuff done.

1 comment:

Amanda said...

Oh so cute, Kids say the cutest thing, I love it! I can't wait to see the nursery, post some pics! I just emailed you.