hanging out with friends and family. Saturday was Emma's birthday party and the kids had a great time playing on her swing set and in her toy room. I don't really know if Amy intended on them being in the house, but that's where they ended up. When you get older you don't really have time to hang out with everyone like you used to, so our kids' birthday parties are a time for us as well.
Sunday morning we decided to go to church in Crosby at the Baptist church where Eddie grew up. The decision of where to go to church has always been a dilemma of ours. Growing up Methodist, I was baptized as a child and then went through confirmation when I was a teenager. In order for me to join the Baptist church I will need to be re baptized, or that is how I look at it. To some people this might not seem like a big deal because what's wrong with giving yourself to the Lord again. There's nothing wrong with it but for some reason when I was approached with the idea when Eddie and I got married I got very emotional. So, three years ago we decided to have Cash baptized in the Methodist church and Eddie joined the church as well. We have been going to church there ever since but are now having a change of heart. The feelings come from the fact that most of our friends attend the Baptist church, Cash goes to MDO out there, and we live in Crosby and want to be a bigger part of the community. The sermon on Sunday was wonderful and I really walked away with a lot. Even Eddie said he felt like it pertained a lot to what has been going on with us over the past year. We have let certain situations really bother us and I especially have lost sleep worrying about if and when things would work themselves out. I pray all the time for God to put good people in my life and to guide me down the right path. On Sunday I learned to be tough and to "not let evil put manure in my driveway." I also learned to put up a guard-to be careful with what goes in my heart and out my of my mouth.
Sunday afternoon we were at Heath's house for Megan's birthday. Cash got to go out in the boat and run around the yard while Eddie sprayed him with a super soaker. Colt spent most of the night in either my mom or grandmother's arms.
Tomorrow I have to go to my post partum doctor appt. I can't believe it has only been 6 weeks; it feels like 6 months!!
Monday, June 1, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Hey, this is the "other" Cash's momma and I glance at your blog from time to time through Buffy's. I felt like I had to leave a comment this time because Lance and I have been going through the same "just a little different" thing! It would take a book to explain our spiritual journey but we too have been visiting First Baptist for the EXACT same reasons! We haven't joined yet, are taking it slow, but I commend you for stepping out of your comfort zone. It's a change, but God will have his hand on you guys. ;o) Your family is beautiful! Oh, and Lance was "re-baptized" at the age of 24 because he too was baptized as a baby. We decided to just ahve Taylor and Cash dedicated, Taylor is actually asking about Baptism now, she is 10, so we are very excited!
Post a Comment